27 Jul Slathered Meatloaf
- 3/4 cup croutons
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and broken
- 3 whole cloves garlic
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 1 ¼ pound ground chuck
- 1 ¼ pound ground sirloin
- ½ cup Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½- bottle Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor bowl, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme and parsley. Pulse until the mixture is of a fine texture. Place this mixture into a large bowl.
- Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, red pepper and green pepper in the food processor bowl. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Combine the vegetable mixture, ground sirloin, and ground chuck with the bread crumb mixture.
- Season the meat mixture with the sea salt.
- Add the egg and combine thoroughly, but avoid squeezing the meat.
- Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf.
- Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, turn the meatloaf out of the pan onto the center of the tray.
- Insert a temperature probe at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf. Avoid touching the bottom of the tray with the probe. Set the probe for 155 degrees.
- Spread Slather Brand Slatherin Sauce® onto the meatloaf after it has been cooking for about 10 minutes.