Slathered Crispy Scored Flounder
July 27, 2010//Comments Off on Slathered Crispy Scored Flounder
- Whole flounder (cut off heads, gut, and remove scales)
- Frying oil
- Fish Fry batter
- Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- Using a filet knife, score diagonal cuts about 3/4 inch apart. Cut to, but not through, the spine and rib bones.
- Score cuts diagonally in the opposite direction, so that you have a diamond pattern on one side of the fish.
- Flip the fish over and repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Roll the fish in your favorite fry-mix.
- Fry each side in hot oil for about 3 minutes (watch the bubbles to let you know when to flip).
- Serve on garnished platter with drizzled Slatherin’ Sauce®(more on the side)
- Once it’s done, serve it as is, tail and all – makes a real nice presentation. Each diagonal score should come off the bone with your fork. Once you’ve finished one side you can either flip it or just remove the spine. All that’s left are the bones!