- 2 pound sweet onions peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin roast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- I bottle original Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- 4 sprigs watercress, for garnish
- In frying pan on stove sauté onions in olive oil over low heat until they caramelize to golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. While onions are cooking prepare tenderloin.
- Pat beef dry; sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. In a large roasting pan, set over medium heat on the stove top, sauté bacon until golden. (Use bacon in other recipes such as Chopped salad with Blue Cheese dressing and Bacon Crumbles) Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels. Add beef to pan; brown on all sides over medium high heat, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven. Roast beef until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 125 degrees F (50 degrees C) for medium rare, about 25 minutes. Transfer beef to platter. Tent loosely with foil and let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- In small saucepan heat Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce® (Keep warm over low heat)
- Cut beef into 1/2 inch thick slices. Spoon Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce® over, and garnish with watercress.