White House Guest Chef Endorses Slatherin’ Sauce!
- 2 pound sweet onions peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin roast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- I bottle original Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- 4 sprigs watercress, for garnish
- In frying pan on stove sauté onions in olive oil over low heat until they caramelize to golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. While onions are cooking prepare tenderloin.
- Pat beef dry; sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. In a large roasting pan, set over medium heat on the stove top, sauté bacon until golden. (Use bacon in other recipes such as Chopped salad with Blue Cheese dressing and Bacon Crumbles) Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels. Add beef to pan; brown on all sides over medium high heat, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven. Roast beef until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 125 degrees F (50 degrees C) for medium rare, about 25 minutes. Transfer beef to platter. Tent loosely with foil and let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- In small saucepan heat Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce® (Keep warm over low heat)
- Cut beef into 1/2 inch thick slices. Spoon Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce® over, and garnish with watercress.
- 1/2 pound ground pork/ground chicken/ or finely chopped shrimp
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- 8 (7 inch square) egg roll wrappers
- Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- Season pork/chicken/shrimp with ginger and garlic powder and mix thoroughly. Heat mixture in a medium skillet, stirring, until pork/chicken/shrimp is cooked. Set aside.
- In another large skillet heat oil to about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) or medium high heat. While oil is heating, combine flour and water in a bowl until they form a paste. In a separate bowl combine the cabbage, carrots and reserved pork/shrimp mixture. Mix all together.
- Lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed toward you. Place about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the cabbage, carrot and pork mixture on egg roll paper and fold corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of the flour paste on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack. Put on serving plate and top with sesame seeds if desired.
- Garnish with plate with small orchid flower and serve with Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- 1/4 C Mayo
- 1 T brown Mustard
- 2 T Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce® Spicy Recipe
- Hot sauce if desired.
- Mix ingredients
- Spread on your favorite sandwich
Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and sliced grilled or blackened chicken on very fresh bread works well. Smashed in a sandwich grill, even better.
Quail are well suited to a slow barbecue: they cook easily and their skin caramelizes perfectly with Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®.
- 10 quail
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I cup Slather Brand Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon or orange juice
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- Open the quail by cutting along the backbone.
- Remove the spine and ribs. Flatten the meat and season.
- Marinate quail for 1 -6 hours in large zip lock bag and drain just before grilling
- Prepare a moderately hot grill coal fire and place grill 4-6 inches above the grill.
- Put the birds on the grill and grill both sides generously brushing with Slather Brand Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce® until meat is cooked and skin is caramelized.
- Serve with additional Slather Brand Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®.
- 1 package prepared seitan, or about 14 oz, cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Slather Brand Slatherin Sauce®
- Sautee onions in olive oil until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add seitan and cook until just barely golden brown, about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Slather Brand Slatherin Sauce®, and stir well. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until sauce has cooked down, about 5-10 more minutes.
Chef Guy Mitchell said:
“I tried Slatherin’ Sauce the other night and I must say it has a wonderful flavor….For the record I am giving your product a five star rating! Keep up the good work…”
Chef Mitchell is certainly a culinarian to respect. He is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. In addition he has had the unique pleasure of working closely with the White House to host special engagements with the Presidents’ chefs. He has also had the great pleasure of working with such famous chefs such as Emeril Lagasse, Morimoto, Bobby Flay, Paula Dean and Guy Fieri, all from the Food Network.