27 Jul The Original Slather Burger®
This burger is so good it will make you “wanna slap yo’ mama”…guaranteed!!!!!!
- 2 pounds ground grass fed beef or bison made into 1/4 lb patties (can substitute ground turkey ,chicken, or venison)
- 16 slices crispy fried antibiotic free applewood smoked bacon ( can use turkey bacon)
- 1 package NO HIGH FRUCTOSE premium hamburger buns
- 1 1/2-2 cups caramelized onions (2-3 sweet Vidalia preferably organic sliced thin)
- 8 thick slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- Make 8 patties and set aside on aluminum foil or was paper on cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Place bacon in a heavy skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until crisp. Place on paper towels to drain.
- Drain off all but 1- 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon drippings in skillet
- Cook sliced onions in reserved drippings until caramelized to golden brown and add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Cook meat patties in oven, atop stove, or on grill to the temperature of your liking.
- Add Gouda cheese the last minute or so, so it is melted when you pull it out of the oven or off the grill
- Place all buns open faced on cooking sheet
- Place 2 whole slices of bacon (broken in half-4 pieces) on bottom half of buns in crisscrossed pattern.
- Top with melted cheese patties
- Top melted cheese patties with 1-2 heaping spoonfuls of caramelized onions.
- Pour Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce® over top letting it drip down the sides.