27 Jul Slathered Venison Tenderloin
- 2 pounds venison backstrap (tenderloin)
- 2 ½ cups pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- I tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds thick sliced bacon
- 1-2 (16 ounce) bottles Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce and garlic in covered container or large zip lock bag to make marinade.
- Place venison in marinade and refrigerate for 2 hour to 8 hours.
- Remove meat from the refrigerator, pat dry and let stand for 30 minutes, or until no longer chilled. Wrap venison fillets in bacon slices, and secure with toothpicks.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Charcoal is best, but if you must, use gas.
- Brush the grill grate with olive oil when hot, and place venison pieces on the grill so they are not touching. The bacon will kick up some flames, so be ready with water bottle spritzer. Grill, turning occasionally, until the bacon become crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Slather on Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce® and let it caramelize. The slower, the better. Serve with additional Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®.
- Dig in, and prepare to want more!