26 Jul Grilled and Slathered Quail
Quail are well suited to a slow barbecue: they cook easily and their skin caramelizes perfectly with Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®.
- 10 quail
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I cup Slather Brand Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon or orange juice
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- Open the quail by cutting along the backbone.
- Remove the spine and ribs. Flatten the meat and season.
- Marinate quail for 1 -6 hours in large zip lock bag and drain just before grilling
- Prepare a moderately hot grill coal fire and place grill 4-6 inches above the grill.
- Put the birds on the grill and grill both sides generously brushing with Slather Brand Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce® until meat is cooked and skin is caramelized.
- Serve with additional Slather Brand Slather Brand Slatherin’ Sauce®.